Summers in India can be scorching and difficult to deal with. But there are cool ways to beat the heat. Here’s a list of cool beverages that will quench your thirst and help you beat the heat.
- Aam Panna – This is one of the most popular drinks in north India. This raw mango drink, spiced with black salt, sugar and mint, protects you from the blazing effects of the summer wind, a.k.a ‘loo’.
- Lemonade – Lemonade or Nimbu Pani is perhaps the king of all the Indian beverages. This water based lemon juice which is flavored with sugar and salt is the great thirst quencher.
- Buttermilk – Also known as chaas in India, buttermilk goes well with almost any kind of meals. It spiced with roast cumin powder, chilly powder, coriander and mint leaves. It’s a great appetizer.
- Jaljeera – This drink can be best described as tangier version of the lemonade. The drink is infused with various spices to make it more spicy and tangy.
- Mango Lassi – summer brings mangoes and mangoes bring mango lassi. It is basically regular lassi mixed with sweet mango pulp.